In this episode, I interview Michael Murray, career missionary to China and Tibet. Here are some of the points we discuss:
· The importance of finding what God has gifted you to do in ministry: essential for church leaders and missionaries, but important for everyone.
· The Gospel is God-centered, not man-centered. Learning who you are in Christ happens by God’s ways, not by man’s strategies. We need God’s purpose for our lives to guide us, rather than our ‘vision’ to drive us.
· Grace is God’s empowering presence in me to live the life that God has given me.
· Prayer is mostly about listening to God.
· A healthy church must be: 1. Word-based; 2. Under God-given authority; 3. A place of unity that is based on Truth; 4. A safe environment where people have “space to grow.”
· Michael and Yolanda Murray’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can write to them and ask to be subscribed to their Blog, or ask them questions about their speaking itinerary, or just say hello!
· William Wilberforce’s book is entitled, A Practical View of the Prevailing Religious System of Professed Christians, in the Middle and Higher Classes in this Country, Contrasted with Real Christianity. It’s available as a free Kindle download, also. Olaudah Equiano’s autobiography is The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message for me by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or go to https://www.speakpipe.com/HealthyChurchRadio. You can also email me at email@example.com.
- Please subscribe to the podcast, and go to the podcast on iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter, too.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!
Michael and Yolanda Murray see themselves first and foremost as children of God through Jesus Christ. Their purpose is to see God’s kingdom, the reign of Christ, established from the inside out. They have been married for 26 years and have four children.
For over 20 years, Michael and Yolanda have worked to see the gospel go out in western China. In the last 6 years, they have grown under grace-filled teaching of the Word and have come to see their giftings much more clearly. Teaching truth to help lay good foundations for the church and individuals is now their focus. They do this from their base with their home church in Canada where they continue to grow on the journey of overcoming. Each week they share the Word with local believers in China and other cross-cultural gospel workers around the world over the internet. They hope to expand their teaching and discipleship work through live equipping times here in North America and through trips back to Asia.