In this episode, I discuss the importance of a man fulfilling the role of a priest for his family. Here are some of the points I discuss:
- A priest is someone who goes before the people (his family) on behalf of God.
- Ezra is worth emulating as he “had set his heart to study the Law of the Lord, and to do it and to teach His statutes and rules in Israel.” (Ezra 7:10, ESV)
- A priest is also someone who goes before God on behalf of his people (his family).
- He is to stand before them in worship. Dad, YOU are the worship leader of your family, at home and at church.
- He is to stand before them as an intercessor. Dad, there is no one on the planet who has more authority to pray for your family than YOU.
- A priest is also someone who intentionally blesses his family, just as God told Moses to have Aaron and the priests bless the people of Israel. (see Numbers 6:22-27)
- My book, A Faithful Man, can be found here: http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore/bookdetail.php?PB_ISBN=9781619966567&HC_ISBN=
Please connect with me
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message for me by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or go to https://www.speakpipe.com/HealthyChurchRadio.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!