In this episode, I discuss the importance of a man fulfilling the role of a provider for his family. Here are some of the points I discuss:
First, he provides a vision for the family. You are the visionary for your family, Dad.
- Ken Canfield provides powerful arguments for the influence, good and bad, of a faithful father in his home. The Journal of Family Ministry, Vol. 1.2
The vision for our children has been five-fold:
- Each has a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a love for His Word and His church.
- Each has solid, biblical character.
- Each is a servant with a strong work ethic.
- Each learns to communicate with clarity and with passion.
- Each loves the gospel and holds fast to a biblical worldview.
Second, he provides for their emotional needs.
Safely Home by Tom Eldredge can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Safely-Home-Tom-Eldredge/dp/1929241488/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1369249801&sr=1-1&keywords=safely+home+by+tom+eldredge
This Momentary Marriage by John Piper can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/This-Momentary-Marriage-Paperback-Permanence/dp/1433531119/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1369249860&sr=1-1&keywords=this+momentary+marriage+john+piper
- My book, A Faithful Man, can be found here: http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore/bookdetail.php?PB_ISBN=9781619966567&HC_ISBN=
Please connect with me.
If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
Please subscribe to the podcast.
Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!