In this episode, I talk about leadership in a new church, how it is recognized and developed. Here are some of the points:
- I discuss the process I went through in developing the leadership for a church plant in 2007.
- I discuss two books that we read through and answered questions about, Reforming Marriage by Douglas Wilson, and Biblical Eldership by Alexander Strauch.
- I discuss a list of questions from Alexander Strauch’s study guide that each of the five men in the core group answered in preparation for our monthly meeting. The study guide can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Study-Guide-Biblical-Eldership-Mentoring/dp/0936083131
- The three determinations as to whether a man should be an elder include desire, qualifications, and availability.
- For a chance to win a FREE copy of my book, Planting a Family-Integrated Church, go to http://www.healthychurchradio.com and make a comment on today’s podcast. Or leave me a voicemail (click the tab on the right side of the page that says “send a voice mail”). All those who do will have their names put in a drawing for a free book.
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at email@example.com.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!