In this episode, I mention a conference I am speaking in, a podcast I listen to, and then I talk about the importance of having a good name for your new church. Here are some of the points I discuss:
- Church conference in Portland, OR September 20-22. The conference is entitled “Standing Fast Through Troubled Times” and is sponsored by the Household of Faith Fellowship of Churches. Go to http://www.hofcc.org for more information and to register.
- I talk about a podcast I listen to every week, “The World and Everything in It.” http://www.worldmag.com/podcast/worldandeverything/ An episode recently discussed a study done by the “Center for Bible Engagement” in which more than 80,000 households in the United States were surveyed about their weekly interaction with the Bible.
- I discuss some of the humorous (real!) names of churches you can find in our nation.
- I share some of the process Cornerstone Bible Church (a church plant from Antioch) went through in choosing their name.
- I talk about the reasons Antioch Community Church chose her name in 1987.
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!