In this episode, I talk with my wife, Cindy, about the ministries that women can and should have in the church. Here are some of the points we discuss:
- We discuss what the Bible says about the roles of leadership in the church being relegated to men. A good resource on this is Wayne Grudem’s book, Systematic Theology. http://www.amazon.com/Systematic-Theology-Introduction-Biblical-Doctrine/dp/0310286700
- We talk about the blessing of the “open mic” time at Antioch, and how women can and should participate in that.
- Cindy shares about the monthly women’s fellowship and the annual women’s retreat that she helps organize for Antioch women and young women.
- Cindy shares about the women authors who have been the greatest blessing to her life: Elisabeth Elliot, Catherine Marshall Ruth Bell Graham. She also shares about two blogs that she enjoys: Simple Mom http://simplemom.net/ and A Holy Experience http://www.aholyexperience.com/
- A book that Cindy is reading now that she enjoys is Radical Womanhood, by Catherine McCulley http://www.amazon.com/Radical-Womanhood-Feminine-Faith-Feminist/dp/0802450849
- You can email Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at email@example.com.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!