In this episode, I talk about the differences between a program-driven church and a family-integrated church. Here are some of the points I discuss:
- I give a plug for Bob Goff’s book, Love Does. You can find the book for purchase here: http://www.amazon.com/Love-Does-Discover-Secretly-Incredible/dp/1400203759
- I talk about the difference between programs that begin as a means to an end and have a limited time frame, and programs that start with good intentions but eventually become a furnace that must be fed.
- My book, Family-Integrated Church deals with this subject, and I share an excerpt from it, including a description of a Summer Reading and Bible Memorization program we have done in the church many times.
- Dave Ramsey’s “Financial Peace University” is an example of a “program” we have done at Antioch. Go to http://www.daveramsey.com/fpu to find out more.
- Another excellent “program” is called “Perspectives on World Missions.” Go to http://www.perspectives.org/site/pp.aspx?c=eqLLI0OFKrF&b=2806295 to find out more.
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at email@example.com.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!