In this episode, I talk about the importance of pastors and the necessity for sound biblical preaching. Here are some of the points I discuss:
- Most pastors around the world are bi-vocational. There is no shame in that; in fact, there can be great benefit to the pastor and the congregation.
- The best place to find pastors for the local church is in the same church!
- The pastor’s pulpit in America is the most jealously-guarded piece of real estate in the world.
- Good writers write every day. Good preachers, also, will learn most by preaching.
- I mention an illustration from John Ortberg’s book, If You Want to Walk on Water, You’ve Got to Get Out of the Boat. You can find that here: http://www.amazon.com/Want-Walk-Water-Youve-Boat/dp/148055510X
- If you want to order my book, You Can Write! (written as a handbook for students, but can be used by anyone), send $15 to: J. Mark Fox P.O. Box 40, Elon, NC 27244
- Go to http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore to find copies of Family-Integrated Church, Planting a Family-Integrated Church, or A Faithful Man.
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!