In this episode, I talk about the why, what and how of sound biblical preaching. Here are some of the points I discuss:
- I discuss WHY we need preaching. Simply stated, preaching is central to the health of the church.
- A good resource is The Priority of Preaching, by Christopher Ash. http://www.amazon.com/The-Priority-Preaching-Christopher-Ash/dp/184550464X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382619235&sr=8-1&keywords=the+priority+of+preaching
- I talk about WHAT we preach, and explain the benefits of expository preaching.
- I talk about HOW we preach. Alistair Begg says, “The reason most preaching is ignored today is that it deserves to be.” There is no place in the pulpit for shallow or boring preaching. Go to http://www.truthforlife.org to listen to Pastor Begg’s sermons.
- I shared the first of what will be a weekly installment of “Story of the Week.” The purpose of the story is to give the listener an illustration for his own writing, teaching or preaching.
- Go to http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore to find copies of Family-Integrated Church, Planting a Family-Integrated Church, or A Faithful Man.
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at email@example.com.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!