In this episode, I talk about some of the challenges, blessings and surprises we have had as a church. Here are some of the points I discuss:
- I share information from an interview a friend of mine in Richmond, VA did with me several years ago.
- I talk about the greatest challenge we faced when 8 families left us to start a house church in 2002.
- I share what I believe have been some of the greatest blessings and surprises the Lord has brought to us as a church.
- I talk about how we work to avoid legalism as a church.
- I share five questions that help us stay on course with our values: 1. What do we measure? 2. How do the leaders respond in a crisis? 3. What do the leaders model and teach? 4. How do we allocate scarce resources? 5. What behavior do we (really) reward?
- I talk about what I believe have been the three keys to our “success” (To God be all the glory for any way Antioch has had ‘success’).
- I share the Story of the Week entitled, “You Are Not Home Yet.”
- Go to http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore to find copies of Family-Integrated Church, Planting a Family-Integrated Church, or A Faithful Man.
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!