In this episode, I talk about Thanksgiving: the holiday, the traditions, and the spiritual character quality. Here are some of the points I discuss:
- I share about the first Thanksgiving and the way history has been revised in today’s textbooks and classrooms.
- I talk about some of the traditions our family and our church have observed during this season of the year.
- I recommend some resources that are helpful for family and church, including, Of Plymouth Plantation (William Bradford), Stories of the Pilgrims (Margaret Pumphrey), The Landing of the Pilgrims (James Daugherty) and If You Were at the First Thanksgiving, by Anne Kamma.
- I encourage the listeners to have their children write a letter of thanksgiving to someone.
- I share the Story of the Week entitled, “Faith is Only as Valid as the Object in which it is Placed.”
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at email@example.com.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!