Pastor Howard Thompson is retiring from Burlington Assembly in Burlington, NC in January, 2014, after more than 42 years as the senior pastor. In this interview, Pastor Thompson shares about his calling (at the age of 17), his first pastorate (at the age of 18), and the joys and challenges of more than 50 years of ministry. He is a rare pastor, by today’s standards, because he has stayed in the same place for many years. He shares some of the blessings that come with long-term church ministry. Pastor Thompson gives advice to young pastors, and he closes the podcast with a story of how God got his attention when he was a young man himself.
Howard Thompson has been married to Marilyn for 53 years, and they have four children and eleven grandchildren. Pastor Thompson was instrumental in starting the Greater Piedmont Teen Challenge, the Christian Counseling Center, the Assembly Oaks Retirement Community, and Burlington Christian Academy. For over three decades he served as Chairman of the Burlington Christian Academy School Board. Howard has been involved in seven different successful building programs for the growing ministry of Burlington Assembly of God. If you would like to contact Howard Thompson to invite him to speak or to ask him about ministry, you can email the church at email@example.com
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!