In this episode, I share seven words of encouragement to pastors, young pastors especially but these are words that are true for pastors of any age! Here are the seven points I discuss:
1 – Read good books.
2 – Preach expository messages.
3 – Pray every day. Lists. Knees. Power.
4 – Lead, feed, and care the flock that is among you.
5 – Keep your life pure.
6 – Surround yourself with godly elders.
7 – Love your wife. (Learn how). Love your children. (Learn how!) The light that shines the farthest shines brightest at home.
If you would like to be entered into a drawing for a free copy of either my book, A Faithful Man, or a free copy of Eric Metaxas’ book, 7 Men: And the Secret of Their Greatness, leave a comment on this blog post. Or send me a voicemail (click on the tab on the right side of the page). Make sure you tell me your name and give me contact information! I will draw one name out of those who leave a comment and contact you about your free book.
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at email@example.com.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!