In this episode, I interview my son, Micah Fox, as he speaks about practical ways husbands can serve their wives. Here are some the points Micah shares:
- Be in involved in the family budget.
- Encourage your wife to pick a time in the evening when the household work ends.
- Make it a habit to regularly say to her, “What can I do for you?”
- Do the grocery shopping for her, or if she prefers, keep the children while she goes.
- Clean if she cooks, or even if she doesn’t!
- Protect her from over-committing.
- On occasion, talk through her daily routine with her.
- Give her breaks from the children and from the house!
- Date your wife regularly!
- Manage the discipline of the children and teach them respect for their mother.
- Don’t add to the number of children when you walk in the door. ☺
You can find a copy of Douglas Wilson’s Reforming Marriage here: http://www.amazon.com/Reforming-Marriage-Gospel-Living-Couples/dp/1591281180
Gary Thomas’ book, Devotions for a Sacred Marriage is here: http://www.amazon.com/Devotions-Sacred-Marriage-Weekly-Couples/dp/0310255953/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1389370618&sr=1-1&keywords=devotions+for+a+sacred+marriage
John Piper’s book Desiring God can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Desiring-God-Revised-Edition-Meditations/dp/1601423101
Micah Fox’s bio:
Micah Fox was born and raised in the Burlington area and grew up attending Antioch Community Church. Micah married his best friend, Kari, on May 3, 2008 and they have been blessed with three boys, Blake, Seth and Owen! Kari is a wonderful wife, as well as mother to the boys. Micah received a B.A. in Communications from Thomas Edison State College, and began a Master of Arts in Religion with Southern Evangelical Seminary. He works in business development with North Star Marketing in Burlington, NC, providing marketing strategy, creative services and execution (www.northstarmarketing.com).