In this episode, I talk about the growing phenomenon of isolationism and individualism that is affecting the church as much as the workplace. An excerpt from an article by Jason Johansen reads, “This Sunday thousands of people will arrive at church right as the music starts, find a seat in increasingly dim auditoriums, sing music that touches an array of emotions, listen to an interesting sermon, and leave having never really spoken to anyone.”
The isolation of many from the church and even in the church works against the very things Jesus called us to do and to be as believers. In this podcast, I describe the problem, and then discuss the following solutions:
- Take the initiative to talk to someone “new” each week at church.
- Stay for the meal, whenever there is a meal, after the service.
- Get involved in home group, or small group Bible Study with people in the church.
- Have a family (or single) over for a meal every month. (Not the same family or single) ☺
- Listen for ways you can serve those in need in the body where you are a member.
You can read the article by Jason Johansen here: http://www.christianitytoday.com/le/2013/fall/going-to-church-alone.html
You can subscribe to my blog and read the article I wrote about this problem here: http://www.jmarkfox.com
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!