In this episode, I continue exploring the subject of public speaking as a valuable tool that we all need in our toolbox. I have taught Public Speaking to college students for more than 22 years, and have seen students come into class terrified of public speaking and finish the course with a new confidence that they can actually succeed! This skill has applications for every profession, as well as being an essential for good preaching and teaching in the church.
In this podcast, I talk about a third and fourth obstacle to public speaking:
- Not knowing your audience. Every audience is different, and though choosing a topic that interests YOU is crucial to your success, you almost must tailor that topic to that audience!
- Not repeating your message enough. Repetition in a paper is a vice. Repetition in a speech is a device.
You can order my e-book for just $4.99:
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!