In this episode, I share about the dangers of heart idols and the need for every believer to identify them in his or her own life.
Kyle Idleman’s book, Gods at War is the best book on the subject of idols that I have read. In this podcast I talk about the three temples that Idleman says we tend to worship in:
- The Temple of Pleasure: This temple includes the gods of food, sex, and entertainment.
- The Temple of Power. This temple includes the gods of power, success, and achievement.
- The Temple of Love. This temple includes the gods of romance, family, and me.
- You can find Idleman’s book here: http://www.amazon.com/Gods-War-Defeating-Idols-Battle/dp/031031884X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1396554860&sr=1-1&keywords=Gods+at+War
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at email@example.com.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!