In this episode, I talk about running and answer some of the perennial questions, including:
- Why run if no one is chasing you?
- What led me to get into running?
- What do I do while I am running, besides try to stay vertical and keep breathing?
- What are some good podcasts I listen to while running?
“Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – –Edward Stanley
“The advice I have for beginners is the same philosophy that I have for runners of all levels of experience and ability — consistency, a sane approach, moderation and making your running an enjoyable, rather than dreaded, part of your life.”
– Bill Rodgers, winner of four Boston and four NYC marathons
“If you run, you are a runner. It doesn’t matter how fast or how far. It doesn’t matter if today is your first day or if you’ve been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.”
“I often hear someone say I’m not a real runner. We are all runners, some just run faster than others. I never met a fake runner.”
Podcasts I like:
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!