Do children belong in the worship service? And should children be taught in classes at church that are age-segregated? That question was rarely if ever asked for the first 1900 years of the church. Rob Rienow writes in his book, Limited Church, Unlimited Kingdom, “There was a universal answer and a universal practice. Beginning with the early church and through the Christian centuries, children worshiped with their families in the weekly worship service.”
In this episode I share about the pattern God revealed in Scripture with regard to children being in church with their parents, and what a difference that makes in their lives and in the life of His body, particularly with fathers.
- This episode was recorded at the North Carolinians for Home Education annual conference on May 22, 2015, In Winston-Salem, NC.
- Rob Rienow’s book can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Limited-Church-Unlimited-Rob-Rienow/dp/089265676X
- My book, Family-Integrated Church, can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Family-Integrated-Church-J-Mark-Fox/dp/1600343147/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=1-1&qid=1432424976
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!