What can Christians do in response to the Supreme Court ruling that changed the definition of marriage? In this podcast, I share four main points that we should consider: Be in the world. Speak the truth in love. Practice what you preach. Repent, This was first preached as a sermon at Antioch Community Church, and can be found in its entirety here: http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=62215101114
A book I recommend on the subject, which I use freely as a resource in the sermon and the podcast, is Same Sex Marriage, by Sean McDowell and John Stonestreet, and can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Same-Sex-Marriage-Thoughtful-Approach-Response/dp/080101834X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1435325894&sr=1-1&keywords=Same+Sex+Marriage
I would also encourage you to download and listen to this edition of Albert Mohler’s “The Briefing,” which he recorded just after the SCOTUS decision: http://www.albertmohler.com/2015/06/26/the-briefing-special-edition-supreme-court-ruling-on-same-sex-marriage/
I would also encourage you to read John Piper’s response, here: http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/so-called-same-sex-marriage
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!