In this episode, I interview Mrs. Ethel Washington Braddy, who turned 106 on September 5, 2013. Here are some of the points we discuss:
- Ethel Braddy worked for my great-grandmother in the 1950’s, helping keep Grandma Hauser’s house clean.
- Ethel grew up going to church every Sunday, and still goes every chance she gets to Piney Grove Baptist Church in Winston-Salem, NC.
- Her husband died in 1951. Ethel never re-married.
- I ask Ethel her secret to a long life. At one point she says, with regard to relational conflict, “I give it to the Lord!”
- I ask her about life lessons she has learned. She says, “Father, I stretch my hand to Thee, no other help I know.” She also says, “Don’t pay too much attention to the TV.” And, “I want to be ready when the time comes.”
- Then to those who want to live a long life, she says, “Come on like I did. I’m not just talking. I lived it.” Finally, she says, “Stay home. Tend to your business.”
Please connect with me.
- If you have a question for me about this episode OR have a church related issue that you want me to cover on a future episode, leave an audio message by clicking the tab on the right, “Send a Voice Message”, or at SpeakPipe.
- Please subscribe to the podcast.
- Go to iTunes and give it a 5-star rating, if you have benefitted from it.
- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for telling your friends about Healthy Church Radio!